Families and Care Proceedings

Families and Care Proceedings

If a local authority believes a child is at risk of harm or neglect they can apply for a Court Order to remove the child from the family.  However, what is not always appreciated is this is only applied for after the family has had a chance to work with the Social Workers and see if the situation can improve with support.  Access Law are very experienced in these matters and can attend meetings with you and the Local Authority. Legal Aid is available for this work and usually you would qualify automatically regardless of your income.

Contact us for further information.

There is also useful information in these sites:





023 8214 8800

Access Law

Get in Touch

Call us on 023 8214 8800 or email us at law@accesslaw.co.uk

To make an enquiry regarding any of our services, please contact Access Law Solicitors as above, or simply fill out our enquiry form and we’ll get straight back to you.