As a firm of Solicitors we are bound by strict rules of confidentiality and unless we are required to do so by law we will not disclose any details you may provide to us without your express permission.
You will not receive any promotional emails, SPAM or other unsolicited communications from us as a result of your visit and you will not be placed on any sort of mailing list;
If you find your visit to our website helpful then we would be happy to hear from you about it but your details will not be retained by us and any comments you make will be kept anonymous should we publish them.
Requests for legal advice and information by email
If you request legal advice or information from us by email we will deal with your request in the strictest confidence:-
- If you email us with an enquiry or instruct us having first located us on another website or search engine then we would be interested to know which one but it is entirely up to you whether or not you tell us.
- We will only record your email address and other details on our client database if you become a client, otherwise your details will be disposed of in a secure manner as soon as we have answered your enquiry.
- Your email enquiry will be stored on our computers only for as long as it takes for us to fully answer your enquiry. We may retain your message for a short while after that in case you get back to us with further information or questions (usually about 30 days depending on the nature of your enquiry).
- Occasionally we may print your email enquiry for easier reference. If you instruct us to act for you then this print will become part of your case file. In any event, once we have finished with your enquiry or case your printed message will be disposed of in a secure manner - it will be catalogued and stored in a secure facility for a period of between 5 to 12 years depending on the type of case and then disposed of by a security shredding company.
- If we are unable to answer your legal enquiry ourselves we may forward your message to another firm or organisation that we think might be able to help. We will only do this if you give us permission to do so.
- The only exception to the above is where you indicate to us that you have committed or intend to commit a crime (particularly a serious crime), in which case we reserve the right to pass this information to the appropriate authorities.
Data Protection Act
We are registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998 and all handling and storage of information is done in compliance with the Act.