About access law
access law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership (Registered in England Number: OC314475) established in 2005 by three family lawyers committed to providing a good value legal service to all members of the community and all three lawyers have considerable local experience in their respective fields.
access law is listed at the Law Society
access law is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
At access law we believe that:-
- The law should be accessible to everyone equally;
- Lawyers can still be approachable and caring without compromising their professionalism;
- Our services should be as inclusive as possible, covering most circumstances that a person may find themselves in throughout their lifetime;
- As a business, the best way to succeed is to meet the needs of our clients and exceed their expectations;
- The greatest advertisement is a satisfied client.
We are dedicated to providing a good value personal legal service and are wholly committed to Public Funding. We have been awarded a Legal Services Commission (LSC) Contract. As part of our commitment to Client Care we will undertake home and hospital visits in the local area by arrangement.
We recognise that for many of our clients a visit to a Solicitor can be a daunting prospect and we try to maintain an atmosphere of relaxed, friendly efficiency whenever possible.
See what some of our clients are saying about us and read some of our selected Case Studies here.
|our comfortable waiting room||one of our interview rooms|
How can we help you?
If you have a legal problem in an area where we have expertise (see below) go to our advice page which may provide the answer.
Also see our links page for links to other websites that may be able to help
The access law Team
Mrs. Wendy J. Hewstone LLB, Managing Partner
Wendy qualified as a Solicitor in 1986 and has many years experience in general legal practice and is an accredited member of the Law Society's Family Law Panel and an Accredited Specialist of Resolution (formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association). Wendy is affiliated to the Resolution Domestic Abuse Committee and is a former member of the Legal Aid Practitioners Group (LAPG) National Committee and formerly held the LAPG seat at the Law Society Council.
Wendy specialises in:-
- Family Law, particularly private children matters such as contact and residence disputes, divorce and domestic violence;
- Residential Conveyancing, sales, purchases, re-mortgages and transfers of equity;
- Wills & Probate,
writing wills, drafting Powers of Attorney and
Change of Name Deeds and applying for Probate;
Ms. Ginnie Lambert BSc, DipLaw, Partner
Ginnie qualified as a Solicitor in 1994 and has since worked in Legal Aid practices in and around Southampton. Ginnie is a member of Resolution, is an accredited member of the Law Society's Children Law and Mental Health Review Tribunal Panels and is a member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association and the Association of Lawyers for Children. Ginnie is listed on the Reunite Directory of Solicitors. During 2005 Ginnie was President of the Hampshire Law Society.
Ginnie specialises in:-
- Family Law, particularly care cases, private children matters such as contact and residence disputes, domestic violence and international child abduction;
- Mental Health, Ginnie advises clients detained under the Mental Health Act and represents them at Mental Health Review Tribunals.
Derek W. Parsons BA, Partner
Derek qualified as a Solicitor in 1988 after his initial training in Shirley worked in Totton, Winchester and Southampton. Derek is an accredited member of the Law Society's Family Law Advanced Panel, a member of Resolution is listed on the Reunite Directory of Solicitors. Derek is trained in Collaborative Law and is a member of Collaborative Family Lawyers.
Derek specialises in:-
- Family Law, particularly finance cases involving both limited means and higher value cases, private children matters such as contact and residence disputes and international child abduction cases.
Emma Bailey, FCILEx, Chartered Legal Executive
Emma qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2008 and has worked in the legal profession since 1998.
Emma deals with matters of:-
- Family Law, particularly divorce, private children matters, injunctions and finance.
- Wills & Probate, writing wills, drafting Powers of Attorney and Change of Name Deeds and applying for Probate;
Teresa Campone, FCILEx, Chartered Legal Executive
Teresa qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1999.
Teresa deals with matters of:-
- Family Law, particularly care, injunctions and children matters.
Laura K. Atkinson, Paralegal
Laura has worked in the legal profession since 1995.
Laura deals with matters of:-
- Family Law, particularly domestic abuse injunctions, divorce, private children matters and has a special interest in civil partnership and same-sex relationship disputes.
Alan A. Knight, ACILEx, Conveyancing Executive
Alan has worked in the legal profession since 1998.
He deals with matters of:-
- Residential Conveyancing, sales, purchases, re-mortgages and transfers of equity and equity release
- Wills & Probate, writing and drafting wills.
Additionally, our secretarial support staff have considerable legal experience and are often able to provide information or assistance on a case when the person conducting the case is unavailable.
access law LLP is listed on Law Plain and Simple